Apr 29, 2010

And so the journey begins....

At around 10am this morning my knees, ankles and wrists started to hurt/burn and the brain fog is slowly closing in on me. In my head I am thinking CRAP and a few other choice words. My to do list is going to shrink today. So I started thinking about what it is I ate yesterday and today. Is it the coffee(with a tsp of sugar & almond milk) I had this morning?? I haven't had coffee (with creamer) since sunday morning and couldn't walk by the evening. I also had a ton of sugar and other gluten and dairy products over the weekend. Which was really the turning point to start cutting it out of my diet. When I was nursing my son I had to cut Gluten and dairy out, thinking back I had more energy and felt a lot better. I still had joint pain but it was different. Anyways back to what I ate yesterday. I had tortillas with cheese & a porkchop lastnight, a piece of the leftover icecream cake from my dad's birthday. Which Lin did an AMAZING job on. The kids and I snacked on apple slices, cucumbers, cheese slices and celery with peanut butter.  I also started to think maybe It isn't the food at all...Did I do to much yesterday? Probably a little of both. The food and amount of running around did me in this morning. I got a good amount of sleep. With the kids being sick I have been getting less. Which I know can be a trigger. So now I am in the process of figuring out my triggers. Stress is a major one. But who doesn't have stress. I mean raising two boys, dealing with my illness (whatever it maybe) and trying to keep up with the house and everything else can be very stressful.
I have been wondering about the corrolation (not sure if this is the word that I meant to use) between meat and how its feed. Grain feed? Grass feed? I know that I am allergic to grass. I have been for years. Would that mean my body can't handle beef or chicken?? I now have a new mission to research more about meat. I can't imagine cutting it out. But I might have to. Geesh...no meat, no gluten, no dairy. Wow...what next? Hopefully the allergy tests will help too I know the elimination diet is supposed to be the best way, but I don't have much patience when it comes to food. Either I can have it or not!!

On another note, I apologize to all that are reading this and are cringing at the grammar errors. English was not my strong subject in school. I love to read, but writing was always an issue for me. My brain speeds along with everything I want to say...